Search this blog

Translate

Monday, May 19, 2014

Ratatouille Quiche

 
Here is are 2 lovely French classics in one, quiche and ratatouille.  One of the things I love about quiche (and pizza by the way) is that its a blank canvas with which to express all my desires.  Here my desire was to eat ratatouille as the main event, and this quiche brought back some not so distant tasty memories.
I used my Buckwheat Thyme Shortcrust, but instead of infusing the water with thyme, I used dried basil.
The "appareil" part was the standard 3 very well beaten eggs, 1 cup milk, 3/4 cup heavy cream, a pinch of nutmeg and some fresh cracked pepper.
This was poured over the (approximately 2 cups) ratatouille in the precooked crust, then topped with some grated parmesan and cooked at 375°F 180°C for about 45 minutes.
It always results in something marvelous when you pair two comfort foods together.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment