Search this blog

Translate

Friday, June 12, 2009

Stuffed Tomatoes (Tomates Farcies)

Want to WOW some company?
This is something I learned to make while I lived in France. My aunt sent me a postcard recently with this dish on it, and I drooled on it, so I decided to adapt my recipe to American ingredients. I will probaby change it 3 or 4 times before it becomes a staple, though. It's not the same, but I was quite happy with the results. So happy, in fact, that I completely forgot to take a cooked picture.
Serves around 6
Ingredients:
5 mild Italian Sausages, skinned and made into balls
(I'm going to expirement with seasoned ground turkey and pork in the future)
4-6 Cored Tomatoes (I use a zucchini too)
1 Onion
Parmesan or Swiss to top (or both)
That's it?
Yep!
Directions:
Use a sharp knife to cut lengthwise along the sausages to be able to remove the skin.
When you core the tomatoes, keep the insides! Just throw them into the oven dish.. it makes it juicy.
Stuff the tomatoes (or Zucchini, or Bell Pepper...)
Cut an onion into pieces and lay randomly in the dish
If your tomatoes aren't very juicy, add a dash of water to the oven dish
Put into oven at 400 F for 1 hour
Top with shredded cheese and serve with white rice and cooking juice on top or home fries!

Voila, now you're a French cook!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment