Search this blog

Translate

Friday, August 29, 2014

Bass and Salmon on the Plancha

Today was an eventful day...and I topped it off with some mega plancha activity.
As much as I like grilling meat, nothing quite rivals with fish, seafood, and veggies on the plancha.  Something about this cooking method brings out the best in those chosen ones.
It's all quite simple.. all you need is a theme.  My theme is usually olive oil, garlic, lime, and piment d'espelette.  Sometimes I'll add some orange or herbs, but that's basically how it goes.. I rub it into all the crevices of the bass, then grill it at medium temperature for about 5-7 minutes on each side until the flesh is flaky.
The salmon just needs a quick 2 minute sear on each side after being rubbed with my marinade, some fleur de sel and some pepper.

The veggies I chose this time were onions, yellow bell, zucchini, and green chili.  This mix also received a few teaspoons of the family marinade, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar during cooking time.
I grilled some already steamed potatoes as well, which was a nice addition to all this goodness.
There are times when you try to identify period of time that made you feel the most.. yourself.
These past 2 weeks were exactly that for me..
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment