Search this blog

Translate

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Saucisson, Radishes, and Boudin

I went to the farmer's market today... I couldn't help myself.. I had to post the local food that non-French think French are so wierd for! This first picture is the Saucisson (French Salami) that I got for 6 for 10€. Here are the flavors from left to right:
Duck, Wild Boar, Bull, Ostrich, Hot Chile, and Deer or Stag
Radishes... I love these radishes! They are not the same type as the American round fat ones, and don't taste the same. I put a little spread (country crock style) and sprinkled a bit of salt.. delicious nutritious hor d'oeuvres. Expensive, though. for the little plate you see behind my hand, 2€. I'm going to grow my own.
Another wonder of French cuisine.. Boudin Noir (blood sausage). It was recently the foire aux boudins (blood sausage fair) and so many butchers were exposing their home made boudins. I had to have a taste, and I can say I've never tasted better Boudin than this! It didn't have an odd irony aftertaste like the kind you buy from the grocery store. If you forget what it's made of...
And accompany it with home fries or mashed potatoes, it melts in your mouth and explodes with flavor! Very good! I was surprised. Also, for 1/2 kg (for 6 portions) I only paid 4€, which is a better deal than you can get at a grocery store!
Vive the local Farmer's Market!!

This weekend I didn't cook much, but I planted my own cilantro, parsley, basil, thyme, rosemary, mint, and cayenne peppers in the garden. I hope something will grow out of all that!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment