Search this blog

Translate

Monday, September 6, 2010

Thai Green Curry

I finally finally finally got my hands on some GREEN Thai curry paste (thanks papa!!!). I love making Thai curry because I change it up every time depending on what I have on hand.
I'm just going to re-post my recipe because it kind of changed...
Ingredients:
- 1 can coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1 T soy sauce
- 2 T green chili paste (use less if you are a spice wuss)
- 1 T fish sauce
- 2 inch chunk of ginger, grated
- 1 lb pork in chunks (or 6 skinless chicken thighs)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers in big chunks (at the end)
- 2 zucchinis in big chunks
- 1 cup pumpkin (I swear when I have it, I put it in everything)
- 1 to 2 chopped tomatoes
salt to taste
Garnish:
lime wedges
chopped cilantro
fresh ground pepper
red pepper flakes
Directions:
1. Mix the coconut cream, chili paste, fish sauce, soy sauce and ginger in the bottom of your crock pot.
2. Add the meat and coat it with your mixture.
3. Put all your chopped veggies (except the bell pepper) on top without mixing them into the sauce.. they will nicely steam without desintegrating and cook on low for 6 hours. Add the bell pepper 1 hour before serving
4. Serve over rice with chopped cilantro, fresh g and a squeeze of lemon or lime.
I mixed chicken thighs and pork chunks. This last picture is pork chunks.
Always a hit!

* remove the soy and fish sauce (high in sodium), and this is fight food
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment