Search this blog

Translate

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Thai Yellow Chicken Curry

I must be going through an Asian pursuasion.  Thai yellow curry has been on my mind for at least a week but my busy-ness didn't permit me to execute my desires this week, which is why this is going to be quite the experience tonight.  My mix and match goes as follows:
8 skinless chicken thighs
3 Tbsp Thai yellow curry paste
1 small onion, sliced
1 Tbsp dried chopped lemongrass
1 carrot, grated
1 green bell, sliced thinly
1 cup beheaded mung bean sprouts
2 handfuls cauliflower florets
1 small eggplant, sliced into a desireable size (if you can't figure that out, just cube it)
1 handful peas
1 can coconut milk
garnish:
chopped cilantro
chopped basil
thai chili
quality nuac nam
slice of lemon

I learned a trick that makes it even sexier.  Instead of using oil to release the flavor from the curry paste, use the hard cream part of the coconut milk.  The aromas release differently and there is no added oil.
Then I coated the chicken and added it, simmered for about 20 minutes while i chopped the veggies, then added them and the rest of the coconut milk + 1 can of water.
 Served over basmati rice with the garnish.

Yellow Thai curry is just out of this world....mm. the heat just seeps into you and then radiates out of you, leaving you with a satisfying joyous feeling.  The addition of the thai chili makes it lip-numbing, but perfect.  Wanna try?
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment