Search this blog

Translate

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Plancha Mackerel and Sardines

Keeping it simple works as long as you have a drizzle of some extra special basalmic vinegar with love...
At the first ray of Spring sunshine, my hibernating plancha asked to come out and play.  This time, I grilled some sardines and mackerel seasoned with a splash of lemon, some grated garlic, fresh ground  pepper, and a drizzle of quality basalmic goodness.  The zucchini slabs and sliced bell were seasoned the same way.  All i did was slap everything on ( the fish only for the last 5 min) flip once, and enjoy the delicately seared finished product.
The plancha was harder to clean than the first time.  I maybe should have sprayed some EVOO on before placing the fish skin down on it.
I'll do that next time.
I'm not a teppan yaki expert yet, but the plancha does bring a whole new dimension to outdoor cooking.

That's enough of that.  I've got some Toor daal soaking for tonight's main event.
Who would like to join?
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment