Search this blog

Translate

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lal Band Gobhi Mutter Subzi

Oh dear.. I'm swooning..
Red Cabbage and Green Pea Stir Fry.
I love rediscovering the sexiness of my vegetables.
It's incredible how many amazing things you can do with so few ingredients in their purest form.  This subzi was a perfect addition to my Mixed Chana-Toor-Split pea dal and Chettinad chicken curry.
Serves 3-4 as a side
Ingredients
1/3 head red cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 slit green chili
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/8 tsp asafoetida (hing)
salt to taste
2 Tbsp oil
Directions
1.  Heat the oil in a wok and sputter the cumin seeds.
2.  Add the split green chili, turmeric and hing.
3.  When it fizzes, add the peas and cook 1 minute.
4.  Add the cabbage and stir fry for approximately 10 minutes.  You don't want it to be mushy or rubbery.  I like it with a bit of crunch.
Add salt if needed.  I didn't think it needed any.

Look at the lovely colors.
Life is delicious in under 30 minutes...

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment