Search this blog

Translate

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Peanut Butter Banana Blueberry Muffins

Are those 3 delicious ingredients really all in one muffin?
These really need no introduction.  They are a spin off from last week's Banana Nut Muffins which were a big hit, but these ones are a bit less guilt free.  Why?  I have no idea, but I didn't use oats.. maybe that's why.
Yield 21 muffins
Ingredients
3 over ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1 cup (160g) sugar*
*I used 80g cassonade and 80g molasses
scant 1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1cup (120g) flour
3 Tbsp peanut butter
2 Tbsp blueberry jam
Toppings:
Crushed peanuts
Poppy seeds (they just appeared out of nowhere)
Directions
1.  Beat together the eggs, sugar, molasses, bananas, oil, peanut butter, and vanilla.
2.  In a separate mixing bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
3.  Gently mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then swirl in the jam at the very last minute.  The texture should not be dry.. it should be very goopy.
4.  Grease your muffin tins and fill them 3/4 to the top, then sprinkle with the crushed peanuts or poppy seeds.
5.  Bake in a 375°F (180°C) oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after a nice stab.

I love how muffins can be customized with toppings.  I love how easily they are to freeze or distribute.  I love how the fact of calling them muffins make them seem healthy.  I really have no idea why people still make cake.  I don't like to eat things called cake for some unknown psychological reason.  I think it's because they're usually topped with frosting which is something I have lots of issues with.  I just don't like it.  If I wanted to bite into a stick of butter, I'd just bite into a stick of butter.. why do you have to pretend it's not a stick of butter by making it pretty and colorful?
Bleh.
Also I feel like muffins are more moist and enjoyable.

These were very very very good.  I'll soon be experimenting with savory muffins.
Can you imagine rosemary caraway muffins?  Oooh!!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment