Search this blog

Translate

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Blueberry Banana Buckwheat Muffins

I may have a disorder.
Out of nowhere, between preparing the dough for the samosas and grinding the spices for my black eyed peas curry, I had a sudden urge to make muffins.
Especially since I have fresh blueberries that were not entirely finished at breakfast.
Mmm real blueberries.. The American kind, not the French kind.  I had no idea there was such a difference, but apparently, the French kind are too sour and only good for making jam or pie, but not for eating fresh like the sweet american ones.
I flashed to eating them with my honey, oats and goat milk, but the muffins were almost finished cooking by that time...
These are the same as the Peanut Butter Banana Muffins I recently made with a few substitutions:
buckwheat flour for regular flour
approximately 100g real blueberries for jam
only 1 Tbsp peanut butter
only poppy seeds as a topping

It makes a big difference to use the actual fruit.  I love how they just popped while cooking and stained the muffins with their purple goodness...

So do I have a problem?  I will now go back to making samosas..
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment