Search this blog

Translate

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Arugula Fig Salad with Roasted Eggplant and Feta

I wasn't sure where I was going with dinner tonight...
I have all these amazing figs I want to caresse in all sorts of ways.  I want to make them into stuffing, eat them plain, just cut open to expose their glistening flesh and let my tongue explore all their little internal nerve endings.
I want to make pie.  Why don't I just do that?
I want to eat them with feta and watermelon.
I want to eat them grilled on the plancha.
I want to eat them with a soft boiled egg and chile.
With all these desires, I need to focus because I don't have an unlimited supply and they are the most precious possessions I have right at this moment.
All these different desires and priorities eventually developed into this salad.  Arugula, quartered figs, feta, a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of fleur de sel, and a few pepperocinis is really all I need to feel refreshed and happy.
And then I needed a warm creamy salty element.
In comes the roasted eggplant.
I'm not sure life can get any better than carawayy sprinkled roasted eggplant halves with feta, figs, and arugula.
My life has just entered the next level.
Thank you...
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment