Search this blog

Translate

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp with Chipotle BBQ Sauce

I have been meaning to make this for awhile, but never really had the time. Today the electricity went out at work, or all of Rancho Mirage for that matter...so after a dip in the pool and some good "Breaking Dawn" reading, I was in the mood to cook a good meal and it was AMAZING! Now, I am not really one for spicy foods, but I am learning to like them, considering Marc LOVES all things spicy. This receipe is courtesy Guy Fieri aka The Food Guy, so making it on the BBQ will bring this meal to it's full potential of yummy! Here it goes:

INGREDIENTS



20 Strips of Bacon (about 12 ounces)
20 Medium-Large shrimp, shelled and deveined (about 1 pound) - I just used Costco's Bag of Shirmp, no tails
1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
1/4 cup of olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice - I used fresh lemons, I just love the smell of them
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
3 tablespoons chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Bamboo Skewers

DIRECTIONS

1. Soak 5 to 8 Bamboo skewers in water for about 20 minutes to keep them from burning on the grill or under the broiler.
2. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet until halfway done, about 4 minutes. Drain and cool on paper towels. Wrap a piece of bacon around the middle of each shrimp; skewer with bamboo through the point where the bacon ends meets up to keep them from unraveling. Thread 3 to 5 shrimp on each bamboo skewer. (Since I used the Costco shirmp they were kind of small, so I wrapped about 3 shirmp into one piece of bacon..and continued with rest of steps).

3. Puree the barbecue sauce, oil, lemon juice, mustard, chipotles, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and fresh ground pepper in a blender. Set aside half of the sauce for dipping. CAUTION: the sauce is very spicy, so to tone it down a bit, I added more BBQ sauce.
4. Preheat the grill, grill pan or broiler. Grill or broil (on a foil-lined backing sheet, if broiling) for 5 minutes, basting with the sauce once they begin to turn pink. Flip, baste again and grill or broil until just cooked through (about 4 more minutes). Serve with extra sauce.
WAAALAA!

SIDES
I thought this meal would be really good with Corn-on-the-Cob...so I buttered up some cobs, sprinkled a little Lawry's Salt on them, wrapped them up in foil, made some fork wounds and threw them on the grill for about 20-25mins.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. This looks so Good! I definitely want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I LOVE guy fieri!! i'll post his eggroll recipe soon. he makes the sweetest dishes!

    ReplyDelete