Search this blog

Translate

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lemon Chicken w/ Potatoes



Ingredients
1/4 cup slivered almonds (I always have these on hand. They are good with salad, fish, etc.)
6 Boneless Chx Breast (or however much you would like to cook)
1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
2 tbls vegetable oil
2+ potatoes (peeled and diced)
1 cup water
Green Beans (Fresh, frozen or canned :)) My green beans had a bean variety in it too.
3 tbls lemon juice

1. In a large skillet toast almonds for 4 minutes. Transfer to a small dish. Sprinkle chicken with lemon pepper seasoning. In skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add Chicken; cook for about 4 minutes on each side to brown. Transfer to plate.

2. Add potatoes and water to skillet; cook; covered for 5 minutes.

3. Add Green Beans and lemon juice. Cover and cook for 10 - 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Place Chicken on top; cover and heat through for 3 more minutes. Sprinkle individual servings with toasted almonds.

Tip: To get more juice from a lemon or lime, put in the microwave for 10 seconds before squeezing them. I also cut the lemon/lime in half and cover the lemon with a mesh bag to prevent seeds from entering.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. this looks soo easy! i will have to try it once i'm in France. I'm emptying out my fridge right now, so I'm making whatever I have. Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete