Search this blog

Translate

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Crockpot Steak Burritos



INGREDIENTS
2 Flank Steaks
2 Envelopes of Taco Seasoning
1 Onion
1 Can Chopped Green Chilies
1 tbls White Vinegar
Flour Tortillas (Makes about 10)
1-1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1-1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (i just buy them in a can)
sour cream
Someone who can roll burritos :)
(I added beans, corn, and rice for toppings)

DIRECTIONS
1. Cut steaks in half; Rub with Taco Seasoning; Place in Crockpot coated with cooking spray; Top with Onion, chilies, vinegar. (My meat was dry, i would also recommend adding a cup or so of chicken broth)

2.Cover. Cook on Low for 8-9 hours.

3. Remove Steaks. Shred meat with 2 forks. Return to Crockpot; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup of meat mixture down the center of each tortilla.

4. Top with Cheese, tomatoes, and sour cream (and extras). Fold ends and sides over filling and roll it up! :)

(My meat was dry, but VERY tasty. I think the addition of the broth would help out.)
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. aww my crockpotting days are over for a while =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really?! Shoot, i was wondering about that. Can you make the lintels?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can make the lentils stove top. I've been doing that here anyways, because leaving them in the crock pot for 12 hours makes mushy.

    ReplyDelete