Search this blog

Translate

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Artichoke and Tomato Cream Linguini

Artichokes make my heart go wild. Really! I stole this one from Pioneer Woman and then added Italian Sausage for the carnivore hub. Then I realized it was a lot like my first time cooking with artichokes and italian sausage, but much much much better!
Serves 6
Ingredients:
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 1 Small Onion, Finely Diced
  • 1 can whole Artichoke Hearts Drained and gently squeezed
  • 3 diced tomatoes or 1 can with Juice
  • 1 cup Heavy Cream
  • 3/4 cups Chicken Broth
  • ½ teaspoons Nutmeg
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
  • 1 pound Linguini or Thin Spaghetti
  • 1 tsp dried Basil
  • 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
  • 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chives (or Other Herbs) Chopped
  • 2 or 3 cooked and crumbled Italian Sausages
Directions:
1. Cook spaghetti till al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Melt olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sautée for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add artichoke hearts and tomatoes. Stir and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream and chicken broth. Add the cooked sausage and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over low heat until heated through, then turn off heat.
Place drained pasta in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1 cup Parmesan. Pour sauce over the top. Add chives. Toss lightly to combine and coat; add a tiny bit of reserved pasta water if sauce seems too thick.
What a dream! Eric loved it too although he claimes not to like artichokes. If I was going to do this vege style, I'd use vege broth and add 1 more can of artichoke hearts. Also, I would not quarter my artichoke hearts as I did here.. they fell apart. I served with grated swiss, fresh ground pepper, and of course, red pepper flakes (on my plate only). I will definately do this again and definately do it vege style, too!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment