Search this blog

Translate

Friday, June 10, 2011

Creamed Corn

I stole this one from her again. I didn't make it in the crock pot though. I even made just enough for me because Eric wanted fries.. as usual.
Ingredients:
1 small can of corn, drained (or 1 cup frozen)
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp cream cheese
salt/fresh ground pepper
Directions:
1. Sweat the onions in the butter with a dash of salt.
2. Add the corn and cook on low, stirring for about 10 minutes.
3. Add the cream cheese and fresh pepper and heat through for about 10 more minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning.

Melt like butter when you eat. I added some red pepper flakes to mine and served as a side to ribs. Oddly, this does not in any way remind me of home, but completely defines comfort food!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment