Search this blog

Translate

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mexican Orzo

Here was my dilemma:
I want mexican
I have no access to beans or tortillas today
I want something different
I'm hungry NOW
Bam.. Mexican Bagos
Eric loved this one.
Serves 3
Ingredients:
250g Bagos (Orzo)
Meat off 1 leftover chicken leg
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp leftover tomato sauce (or 1 chopped tomato)
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
3 cups chicken stock
juice from 1/2 lemon
Garnish:
cilantro
shredded swiss
dollop sour cream
salsa
Directions:
1. Sautée the onion and bell pepper in the EVOO until translucent.
2. Add the spices, lemon juice and tomato sauce and let cook 1 more minute.
3. Add all the rest, bring to a boil, and let simmer until bagos are tender (about 15 minutes.

Serve with the desired garnish and be happy you satisfied your craving!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment