There really are no words to describe this dinner.
Warm, fresh, filling, tart, happy, healthy...
I really didn't do much, but it worked out soooo well!
1 large zucchini, spirelli'd into linguine
1 large handful fresh favas
2 handfuls fresh spinach, washed and torn
1 large handful cherry tomatoes, halved
2 small cloves garlic, grated and separated
juice from 1/2 lime
some marinated anchovies (I actually ate more than what was photographed)
sprinkle fleur de sel
lots of fresh cracked pepper
a drizzle of EVOO
a few shakes piment d'espelette
1 small sprig rosemary
sprinkle of parmesan for garnish
1. Marinate the favas with half the lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil for a few minutes.
2. While that is happening, toss the zucchini with half the garlic, the other half the lime juice, a sprinkle fleur de sel, some fresh pepper, a few shakes piment d'espelette, and a drizzle of olive oil.
3. Heat a wok-like pan and add the favas with a bit of the juice. Cook for a few minutes on high.
4. Add a splash of olive oil and cook the spinach until it wilts. Reserve the favas and spinach.
5. On high heat, cook the spirelli'd zucchini. I wanted mine al dente so I just tossed it around for a few minutes.
6. Add the reserved veggies back into the pan along with the halved tomatoes, turn off the heat and cover for a few minutes.
Serve with marinated anchovies and a sprinkle of parmesan.
I love the hot/warm/cold mix of this. The tomatoes were warm, but still raw, the anchovies cold, but being heated from the linguine underneath it. It is just heaven when it comes together this way....