Search this blog

Translate

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Griddled Asparagus

After roasted asparagus, here is the exact same thing done on the griddle.
I love love love that it is spring and we now have spring veggies readily available, as well as remnants of winter veggies.
Here I have a sort of transition salad: griddled asparagus, zucchini, and long white turnips with some red oak leaf salad (feuille de chêne) and a poached egg.
I suppose the only winter vegetable in the lot is the turnip.
That baby does really well on the griddle too!
I don't know why I didn't heat up my plancha for this, but I like the way the house gets smokey and I did this in the morning, so it was a bit chilly outside.  This could definitely be done on a BBQ over foil or something, but I just love my griddle pan.
Ingredients
1 bunch (500g or 1 lb) fresh firm green asparagus, washed and stems peeled
1 Tbsp EVOO
a pinch of sea salt (fleur de sel)
a few cracks fresh black pepper
a few shakes piment d'espelette
juice from 1/2 lime
Directions
Toss it all together and griddle on high heat for about 3-4 minutes, turning to color.
The asparagus are done when they start getting a bit floppy and are nicely colored.  They will be slightly crunchy, but that's the best part of the whole deal.
I did the zucchini and turnip slices in exactly the same way, working in batches.

I wish I had more bunches of asparagus to nibble on tomorrow...
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment