Tonight when inspiration became me, it created Fight Food.
I wanted spice, color, depth, and the result ended up giving me a visual surprise... I completely forgot that indigo and yellow made green...
3 handfuls sliced mushrooms
1 carrot, peeled and julienned
1 red or green bell pepper, sliced
4 kaffir lime leaves, sliced
1 Tbsp Thai yellow curry paste
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
chopped cilantro for garnish
thai red chile (for garnish and only if you can handle the heat)
basmati or jasmine rice to serve
1. Heat 1 Tbsp of the the oil in a wok and crack in the eggs. Cook 1-2 minutes, then scramble. Finish cooking and reserve.
3. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until they start to release some of their juices.
4. Add in the cabbage, carrots, bells, and lime leaves as well as the oyster sauce, sriracha, and fish sauce. Cook stirring for about 5 minutes, adding water if too "dry."
2 handfuls shredded red cabbage
1 Tbsp oyster sauce (omit if GF)
1/4 cup water
2. Add the rest of the olive oil and fry the yellow curry paste until fragrant.
5. Stir in the cooked eggs and turn off the heat.Serve with some basmati rice and garnish with chopped cilantro and a Thai chile.. if the heat isn't enough to satisfy your spicy craving....
The eggs turning green after was an unexpected bonus. The red cabbage releases a purple-ish juice, which, when stirred with the eggs during the last step, turns them a super-natural green color..