Search this blog

Translate

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chicken Salad

Since I have a blog of my own, I was thinking I can't just post on there and not on our Foodie Blog!! So, since Marc and I have been back from our Newport Beach vacation we've had the house to ourselfs and when the 'rents are away, we tend to cook dinner more. I found this awesome Chicken Salad receipe on allrecipes.com, that is super easy to make and I put my own twist on it. My favorite part of the salad is the BACON!! We had chicken salad wraps, but this salad is great with crackers, pita bread...and GREAT for the summer season because it's so light and fresh..and did I mention easy!? :)

Ingredients
2 cans of chicken (costco has the best canned chicken)
4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (I usually add 6 strips of bacon...I love it and want it with every bite)
1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
1 cup halved green grapes
3/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
2 teaspoons finely minced onion
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste

How to put it all together:
Combine chicken, bacon, water chestnuts, celery and grapes in large bowl; set aside. In another bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; add to salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. I am glad that you posted this! This is so yummy - I am going to make it for lunch! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I'm not trying to sound snotty, but did I read that right? Canned chicken? I didn't really know that existed... besides chicken of the sea :) Looks delish though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah yes canned chicken - Costco sells in bulk! It's actually pretty tasty but when refidgerated...

    ReplyDelete