Search this blog

Translate

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Double Chocolate Melt

This dessert is to die for.. when carried out correctly. I had this at Audrey's.. the one who gave me the risotto recipe. It was awesome, so I wanted to make it myself for guests this weekend. I have a kitchen scale because I don't trust my judgement with baking.
Serves 4-6
Ingredients:
3 eggs
100 g milk chocolate (with hazelnuts)
50 g flour + 1 tbsp for powdering
75 g powdered sugar
95 g butter
6 tablets white chocolate
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 500°F
2. Whisk together the eggs, flour, and sugar.
3. On the stovetop, gently melt the milk chocolate and the butter. Pour it into the bowl with the eggs, flour, and sugar and let chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
4. Butter and flour your individual cake molds.
5. Fill the molds half way with the chocolate mixture. Place 1 or 2 squares of white chocolate into the molds, and cover with the rest of the mixture.
6. Cook in the oven for 7 minutes.

Serve warm and melty!
Since I can't follow directions to the letter, I left mine in a few minutes too long and they were not melty gooey on the inside...but still great. Next time I will be more careful about the 7 minutes!

Audrey's were prettier and she served it in a trio with other desserts.. better presentation!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment