Search this blog

Translate

Friday, March 25, 2011

Italian Eggplant and Mushroom Pasta

Eggplant is expensive..very, so when it's on sale, I grab. I originally was planning to make my famous Stuffed Eggplant, but I hadn't had my pasta fix this week, and I had just made a batch of Italian Sausage, so I decided to throw it all together. How wonderfully delicious! I will definately make this again and again.
Serves 6
Ingredients:
1 eggplant, sliced like stiry-fry meat
2 Italian sausages, crumbled, cooked, and drained
2 chopped tomatoes
1 handful fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cube vegetable bouillon
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp heavy whipping cream (only if you want)
4 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp basil
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
fresh ground pepper
1 box (500g) pasta of your choice.. I chose Linguine, cooked al dente
Directions:
1. Heat a heavy based frying pan with 2 tbsp EVOO. Sautée the mushrooms until colored, then add the garlic and eggplant. Stir around and add the basil, paprika, and chili powder, and add 2 more tbsp EVOO.
2. When the eggplant gets a bit tender, add the tomatoes, then the wine and the cube bouillon. Bring to a boil and lower the heat and add the cooked crumbled italian sausage as you wait for your pasta to cook.
3. Add water and taste to adjust the seasoning. As the pasta finishes cooking, stir in the heavy cream and fresh ground pepper.
4. Toss your al dente pasta with the prepared eggplant sauce.

Serve with shredded swiss or parmesan, or both..mmmm!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment