Search this blog

Translate

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Spirelli Cucumber Kumquat Beet Salad

I almost didn't post this, but it was so pretty next to my 175g griddles steak that I decided to photograph it.
And when I tasted it, I confirmed to myself that it was worth photographing, because the flavor party in that salad almost surpassed the nobility of a griddled 1" thick steak of "basse cote".
Serves 1 as a side
Ingredients
1/3 cucumber, spirelli'd into spaghetti
1 mini beet (from a jar) sliced
2 kumquats, julienned
1 tsp chili oil
juice from 1/2 lime
freshly cracked pepper
pinch of fleur de sel
pinch of chopped parsley

I hadn't used my spirelli in a while.. I don't know what made me think of it all of a sudden.. hmm interesting.
This salad was as tasty as it was beautiful.. and it's all in my tummy now.

I found these beets jarred by a Polish company.  I suppose julienned raw beet would be delicious as well, but I just love the way they are so small and earthy although they are cooked.  I usually prefer raw vs cooked beets, but these are really marvelous.  Think of it as roma tomato vs cherry tomato.  You see it now?
Yesssss perfection!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment