Search this blog

Translate

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Roasted Eggplant vs Gazi Feta

Having all of this on my plate was too much for me to handle as a sane "normal" person.
I'm not saying it was too much food, but I couldn't help going back and forth from the salad to the eggplant and saying "you win me over each time" and "how interesting I'm so happy I finally met you" and then trying not to mix the two but then happily mixing them while contemplating the other plates at the table, hoping there would be more eggplant... err I mean Gazi feta.. no I mean eggplant..
aaaahhhh!
This amazing duel make an exquisite duo.
So Gazi feta is Turkish and comes from a refrigerated can..
.. but don't let that fool you!  This feta is tender, not too salty, almost sweet, and extra tangy.  It is the most incredible feta I've ever had, and I can't stop putting it everywhere.  Eggs, asparagus, salad (well, that's standard) and then I sprinkled it all over the grilled chicken and roasted eggplant.
I had a similar thing going on with the eggplant.  First I scraped it out of its skin, then quickly retrieved the skin and cut it up and sprinkled it over the feta.  It was like a tug of war between the two hemispheres of my brain.
Here is the composition of my insanely delicious plate:
handful home fries tossed with olive oil, fleur de sel, and za'atar
griddled chicken rubbed with olive oil and za'atar
salad of chopped bok choy with sliced tomatoes, scallions, chopped cilantro, a squeeze of lime, some fresh pepper, that addicting Gazi Feta and a drizzle of olive oil

I may have gone a bit over the top putting Za'atar in everything, but it really connected everybody in a way that was so simple yet almost spiritual...


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment