Search this blog

Translate

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Zucchini Pappardelle with Eggplant and Grilled Chicken

When I think I can't blow myself away, I do it.
Today was a difficult day for me.  It doesn't happen very often, but I was in a bad mood from the start until the very second I started making this dish.  That is completely non traditional behavior, since I usually wake up with a smile and giggle all throughout the day, whether I'm performing or at the office.  Today just irked me.  Everything about it pissed me off.  Even the people I usually enjoy talking to were not making it work.
Ahh women..
Until the illumination.
I bought eggplant yesterday!
And that was it.. I was happy as can be.
I decided to use a new veggie cutting tool that looks like a fat pencil sharpener and let me cut my zucchuni intonone long fluffy strand of ribbon, sort of like pappardelle when you break it into pieces.
This is really a no fuss meal, and I was lucky to have it all to myself.  i wasn't in the mood to share anyhow.
Serves 1
Ingredients
1 small eggplant, cubed
1 zucchini, cut into pappardelle
2 Tbsp EVOO
1/2 tsp fleur de sel
1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
1/2 tsp piment d'espelette
Juice from 1/2 lime
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 thin chicken cutlet
1/2 tsp cajun spice
scallions and parmesan to garnish
Directions
1.  Sprinkle half of the fleur de sel onto the eggplant cubes.  Heat the EVOO in a wok and coat the eggplant well.  Add the basil, piment d'espelette and half the lime juice and cook until tender.   Reserve.
2.  In that same wok, lightly cook the pappardelle zucchini 2-3 minutes, tossing well with the other half of the fleur de sel and the other half of the lime juice.
3.  While that is going on, rub the cajun spice into the chicken cutlet and griddle (or cook however you want).  I like mine to have the diagonal marks on it.. char grilled.

Serve the eggplant cubes over a bed of zucchini feathery pappardelle and lay the cutlet on top.  Sprinkle with some scallions and parmesan.
This is definitely a mood changer... this, and looking into T-Bone's loving eyes...
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment