Search this blog

Translate

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Roasted Broccoli

I've been making my D-Day cutlets a lot lately, so I decided to change up the greens this time. Sometimes I use spinach, or nothing at all depending on what's in the fridge, but this time, I was in the mood for Roasted Broccoli!! It's actually pretty easy but mighty tasty.
Ingredients:
as much fresh broccoli as you want, cut into florets
3 cloves garlic
EVOO
salt/fresh ground pepper
grated parmesan cheese
1 lemon
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F
2. Only wash the broccoli if it is very dirty, otherwise, don't bother. The oven will kill the germs. If you do wash, be sure to dry very well.
3. Toss the florets in some EVOO, salt, pepper, and grated garlic cloves so they are covered. Place on a baking sheet and roast for about 15 minutes or until desired tenderness.
4. Take out of the oven and squeeze some lemon juice and some grated parmesan.

Serve as a side dish to whatever you want!
These were delicious. I don't think I'll ever cook broccoli any other way. So wonderful, in fact, that I tried it with cauliflower too and it came out great. I changed up my D-Day cutlets, too. I used regular fresh mushrooms instead of wild, and I used a pork filet instead of turkey. Yum!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment