Search this blog

Translate

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

White Choco-Coco Cake

Ah.. finally.. a successful dessert! My lovely guest even had seconds! I'm realizing how practical a kitchen scale is for baking... not just for weighing bearded dragons! This is another one of my friend Audrey's recipes. I now weight the ingredients because when using cups and volume measurements, you never know if you're getting it exactly right.
Serves 6
Ingredients:
200g white chocolate, broken into pieces
95g butter
75g powdered sugar
50g flour
2 eggs
2 tbsp dried coconut
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Butter and flour your cake mold. I used 6 silicone cupcake molds.. Audry used 1 rectangular silicone cake mold.
2. Beat the eggs with the sugar. Rain the flour in (can you say that?)
3. Melt the chocolate with the butter in the microwave or in a sauce pan over low heat.
4. Add the melted chocolate and butter into the batter along with the coconut. Put all this in the fridge for a few hours. This will allow the chocolate to get caramelly with the sugar in the mold.
5. Pour into the molds and cook 10-15 minutes.

Mine went in for 15 and were perfectly gooey inside
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. I had a super nice food scale... for a day. Then my house got broken into. Damn drug dealers. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaa? you didn't tell me your house got broken into! But yea, extremely handy for drug dealers..

    ReplyDelete