Search this blog

Translate

Monday, May 6, 2013

Mint Chermoula Grilled Turkey with Tahini Yogurt Sauce

There are no words..
I've been craving something like this since yesterday.  Ok ok I'm not the most patient person in the world, but I had a sort of epiphany and was frustrated not to be able to buy cilantro because (among other things) of it being Sunday...in France.  Today, I was happily able to go to my cilantro buying place only to discover that they were completely out of sexy herbs.  WTF???? The only thing they had was mint.  Unable to get around my Chermoula itch, I bought the mint and decided to swap the cilantro for this completely different herb and see what happened.
Ta daaaaa
Mint Chermoula:
1 cup packed parsley
1/2 cup packed mint leaves
2 large cloves garlic, peeled
1 whole green chili
1 tsp caraway seeds
1 Tbsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp smoked paprika
juice from 1 lemon
1/2 tsp salt
approx 1/4 cup EVOO

Toast the seeds, then grind.  Blend everything together, adding the EVOO a little at a time until it forms a paste.
Use as a marinade on meat or fish, or as a refreshing salsa.

Tahini Yogurt Sauce:
 3/4 cup plain yogurt, beaten
2 tbsp tahini
1 clove garlic, grated
1 tsp mint chermoula
few cracks black pepper
juice from 1/2 lemon
pinch of cayenne
1 tsp za'tar

Stir together and use as a dip or sauce alongside some grilled meat and pitas.  Thin it out a little more and use as dressing.

This is probably my favorite post-India non-Indian meal.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment