Search this blog

Translate

Sunday, May 19, 2013

What does Love smell of?

My house, my clothes, my skin, my hands, my brain smell of curry....

As soon as I figured it was going to be a rainy day with no outings, I strapped on my apron and got to work.  I just finished a Jaipuri vegetarian curry and my kala chana (black chickpeas) are in the slow cooker.  The house is filled with the smell of sizzling cumin seeds from the jeera rice on the stove as I'm writing.  I made everything ahead of time so I can be free to roll and cook my rotis before dinner.  I'm not sure I'm going through nostalgia, but it is becoming part of who I am.  Expressing my creativity and spontenuity feels natural through Indian cooking.  There are so many different combinations of flavors to try on different vegetables, beans, lentils, fish, and meats.

When I can't have it, it is missing from me....
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment