Search this blog

Translate

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Yellow Curry with Fish and Cabbage

After having spent a long weekend with the in laws, my body is in need of something stimulating and hot.
At least now my stomach is appeased.
Serves 4-5
Ingredients:
4 filets white fish (I used frozen cod)
1 can coconut milk
4 Tbsp Thai Yellow Curry Paste
1/2 head of cabbage, julienned
1 chopped onion
handful broccoli florets
handful frozen peas
handful chopped celery leaves
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
cooked basmati rice
some EVOO
Directions:
1.  In a large wok, heat the EVOO and mix in the yellow curry paste.  Add a little water if too thick.
2.  Toss in the cabbage and onion and stir fry about 10 minutes.
3.  Add the broccoli and half the coconut milk.  Bring to a boil, then simmer on low for another 10 minutes.
4.  Add the rest of the coconut milk and 1 can water and bring to a boil again.  Taste one of the pieces of cabbage.  If it is too hard, simmer some more.  If it is al dente, add the peas, sesame seeds, and chopped celery leaves.  Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
5.  Add the fish and poach approximately 2 minutes on each side.  I tried not to break my filets, but they broke anyway.
Serve with basmati rice.

Amazingly spicy.  Perfect.  The addition of the thai chile is still making me tingle.  This was approved of for company on the condition that I use less curry paste.
Ah those poor wimpy French pallats....

*I tried this with shrimp and it rocked my world!!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment