Search this blog

Translate

Friday, September 13, 2013

Grilled Veggie Whole Wheat Pizza

My last pizza experiences were fabulous.  I'm amazed at the results the pizza stone gives to the dough, and how perfect it feels when you cut it and eat it.  Pizza used to intimidate me.  I feel I have conquered the beast.
This time I integrated whole wheat flour.  Next time, it will be completely whole wheat.  I was afraid the texture would be different than all purpose flour, but it was still just wonderfully perfect.  If my 100% whole wheat goes well, I'll have to try incorporating buckwheat flour.  Oooh.
Ah yes.. I found spaghetti squash today and it's getting me all excited and dandy for tomorrow's meal.  Double Oooh!
Back to the pizza.  I went the grilled veggie, ham, and egg route.  Eggs should be mandatory on pizza. 
Ingredients
Dough:
100g all purpose flour
130g whole wheat flour
5g (1/2 tsp) salt
15cL (5 fl oz) warm water
5g sugar
10g (2 tsp) yeast
2 tbsp EVOO
Cornmeal for rolling and base
Toppings:
Onions sautéed in EVOO and Basaalmic vinegar
Roasted zucchini
Roasted tomatoes
Roasted green bell
Sliced mozzarella
Ham
Parmesan
Egg yolks

When doing eggs on pizza, make sure to add them toward the end.  I added mine for 5 minutes and it was a little long.  2 minutes would have been perfect.
Either way, this 30cm pizza was enough for 2.5 people.  We were both really hungry but didn't make it to the end.
I'm going to gladly volunteer to be the half person tomorrow at breakfast.
Did I just shock some French people?  Pizza for breakfast?
Yes and yes!!!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment