Search this blog

Translate

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Spirelli Cucumber Salad

Spirelli has been on my mind since I laid eyes upon it.  There it was, on display, looking sexy in all its different colors, luring me in.  Fascinated by the gadget that can within seconds transform any firm vegetable into spaghetti, I had to have it.  Only I thought I could get a better price on the internet, so I didn't buy it.  The internet did not come through, and I was left with regret and anticipating the next time our paths would cross.
Today was my lucky day.
The first thing I spaghetticized was cucumber.  I used about half a cucumber, laid it over some arugula, topped it with crumbled feta, cracked pepper, a squeeze of lemon, and a drizzle of EVOO.
The spirelli will be turning all my simple little vegetables into incredibly beautiful meals full of texture.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment