Search this blog

Translate

Friday, November 8, 2013

Thai Yellow Curry Coconut Noodles

I'm craving something creamy and spicy exploding with flavor that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
Lets see what I can come up with..
coconut milk
linguine
3 Tbsp Mae Ploy yellow curry paste
1 chopped onion
few chopped kaffir lime leaves
1 lb (500g) mixed frozen seafood
handful broccoli
handful cauliflower
handful peas
handful chopped celery leaves
Topped with...
drizzle nuoc nam
hard boiled egg
crushed peanuts
chopped thai chili

That's a mighty fine no fuss meal exploding with flavor, not too heavy, satisfyingly filling, and interesting enough to be able to redo.
I found it to be perfectly balanced heat wise.  I may have been the only one.. the others thought it was too spicy, even without the thai chili as a topping.
If you are a wimp, use less curry paste.
I'm thinking of it as my last supper before the transatlantic culinary discovery I'm about to make.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment