Search this blog

Translate

Monday, June 2, 2014

Grated Carrot Kohlrabi and Herbed Salad

I'm on yet another carrot craze.  I want to put them everywhere.. desserts, roasted, raw, alone, with friends, but most importantly, in my welcoming mouth.
After hand grating a bunch of carrots for the halwa cookies, I switched grates and started on these.  I have no idea what motivates me sometimes..
I had a few slices of that delicious spinach thing over there to finish and I'm quite enjoying the contrast of warm/cold on the same plate.
Then this salad was born.. and the mint leaves wanted join the fun!
Serves 3-4 as a side
Ingredients
3 medium carrots, coarsely grated
1 small kohlrabi, coarsely grated
juice from 1 lime
2 Tbsp EVOO
pinch fleur de sel
some freshly cracked black pepper
1 handful chopped cilantro
1 handful chopped mint leaves
3 Tbsp pitted sliced olives
1 tsp caraway seeds
1/4 chopped red onion
few more olives for garnish
few marinated anchovies for garnish (optional)
Directions
Toss together and serve cold.

The mint gives it a nice bite and mixes well with the sweetness of the kohlrabi.
This was another perfect side to my slice of Spinach Feta Quiche.. and if I had more feta I would have added it to the salad as well!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment