Search this blog

Translate

Thursday, January 1, 2015

5 Elements & Love

Happy New Year and Best Wishes of Peace and Health to all!
This year I'm going to learn more about 5 Element cooking and incorpoate those principles of balance into my life.
Earth, Fire, Water, Wood, Metal, and of course, Love because without Love, nothing worth sharing can be produced..

It's hard to find something involving how to apply the Feng Shui philosophy to cuisine instead of interior design.  I'm not looking for a book of recipes, but a way to understand clearly how to incorporate those 6 elements into my creations.  I understand the words, but it's all unclear for now.
I know each element is associated with color, taste, and organ.
I would have thought chile would be in the Fire category, but it is in the Metal one.
Where is fish?  I would have thought Water, but I'm not so sure.
Thankfully, I know where my Love is...

It seems complex.. any tips or book recommendations?
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment