Search this blog

Translate

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Kadhai Chicken

This hit the spot.  I'm really getting better at this.  It was even requested that I make this next time we have company.
Who needs restaurants?
Another recipe from the lovely ladies at ShowMeTheCurry.com.
Serves 5 as shown above
Ingredients:
1 lb skinless chicken breast, cubed
2 Tbsp coriander seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 whole dried chilis
1 large onion, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp minced ginger
2 chopped tomatoes
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp amchoor (which I still don't have by the way, so I subbed lemon juice)
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp turmeric
some EVOO
salt to taste
1/2 cup whole milk to taste
chopped cilantro + julienned ginger for garnish
Directions:
1.  Dry roast coriander and fenugreek seeds with the dried chilies.  Crush with a mortar and pestle.  Set aside.
2.  In some oil, fry onions until brown.  Add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
3.  Add the tomatoes and cook until soft.
4.  Add the ground spice mix along with the chicken.  Let all the lovely juices penetrate.  Then add some salt and the rest of the spices and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring on low heat.
5.  Add the sliced bell pepper and milk.  Cook until boiling, then reduce heat until bell is desired tenderness.

Serve with basmati rice, some palak paneer, and rotis. 
I ate the whole meal forkless.  I love keeping my silverware clean and my hands messy...
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment