Search this blog

Translate

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Whole Roasted Leg of Lamb

Here's someone who knows how to get my juices flowing!
For the main course of my Christmas dinner, I took this 2.5kg guy to the spa before putting him in the oven.  First, I poked him with a knife to place garlic inside of him.  Then I rubbed a mixture of salt, ground coriander, and rosemary with olive oil and gave him a deep tissue massage.
Twice.
I let all this penetrate a few hours.
Then I roasted him at 375°F for 1 hour and 20 minutes, basting regularly so that there were parts of him medium well, and some parts rare.  I ate the tendon which was almost rosy, but not quite.
Perfection.
I accompanied this with green beans (which I added at 1 hour), sautéed potatoes and cèpes.
Among other things that I didn't photograph, this dish was preceeded by these lovely androgenous creatures...
Initially, it was going to be a party of 5 eating twice, so I had enough for 10 or more.  We ended up being 3 and eating once, so I think I'm going to be eating this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner until NYE.
I don't mind at all.  It will give me new material for recipe creations.
I wonder if lamb ravioli would work well, or maybe I could pair it with some kamut?  The bare leg bone is going to be used to make lamb stock. 
We shall see...
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. It has a skin bronzed and looks to tend, one wants to bite inside

    ReplyDelete