Search this blog

Translate

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Spinach and Artichoke Chicken

The best of both worlds...one of my favorite happy hour events in a meal.  Why didn't I think of this before?
Ingredients:
Enough chicken to feed the number of people you are cooking for (I used 4 skinleess thighs)
1 jar artichoke hearts, drained
1 lb frozen spinach, thawed
2 large cloves garlic
3/4 cup or 1 plain yogurt
1 chopped onion
handful shredded swiss
handful grated parmesan
2 tbsp mayonaise
dash of cayenne pepper
a few sprinkles fresh pepper
some broccoli and cauliflower florets (optional)
Directions:
1.  Bake the chicken with half the onions for 15 minutes at 375°F.
2.  While this is happening, blend together the artichoke hearts, garlic, yogurt, mayonaise, peppers, and cheese.
3.  Mix the spinach and the rest of the onions into this good stuff with a fork so you can enjoy those strands as you eat.  I love those strands.
4.  Place broccoli and cauliflower florets around the chicken, then pour the good stuff all over.  Bake for an additional 30 minutes.  I sprinkled some extra parmesan on top for good luck.

Serve with rice or pasta or whatever makes your little artichoke heart skip!
I'll get back with the results, but that sauce is out of this world.  I think I'm always going to use yogurt (and not yoghurt) in my artichoke dip instead of cream cheese.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment