Search this blog

Translate

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Tahini Cardamom Cookies

I have an unexplained desire to make tahini cookies...I just need to find a recipe that gets my little heart running
ah yes.. cardamom.  That'll do it.
Makes 48 cookies
Ingredients:
40g all purpose flour
240g whole wheat flour (or just 1 cup of each)
2 tbsp creme de marrons (chestnut purée) or 70g almond powder
150g butter (5 1/2 oz)
150g (3/4 cup) sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract (I didn't have any so I just left it out completely)
2 tsp ground cardamom
1tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp water
200g (3/4 cup) tahini
Directions:
1.  If you have the equipment, mix all the ingredients in a fancy machine until you have a homogenous crumbly dough.  If you're like me, do it with your hands and develop those bakers muscles.  Even if I had a fancy machine, I think I would still do it with my bare little hands.
2.  Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
3.  Make tablespoon sized balls and roll them around in your hands before flattening them slightly on the cookie sheet.
4.  Bake for 15-17 minutes or until slightly golden.  You want them crumbly.

Desire calmed.  Well, at least this one...

These are very very rich, not too sweet, and packed with protein.  1 or 2 should be enough to calm a hunger episode.  I suppose tea or some George would pair nicely with these.  We shall make it a date, then.  Who's in?  Meanwhile I'm going to take a nap.. I'm drained.

*update
These are by far my new favorite cookies.  My next cookie experiment is going to be gingerbread, but I will surely come back to making these regularly (if I can get my hands on some more tahini).
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment