Search this blog

Translate

Monday, July 22, 2013

Tahini

I always wondered how they got that tahini into a lushious white sauce.. I always thought they added yogurt

It's just tahini stirred with water and a squeeze of lime juice.

Who knew it would turn white?

I recently learned that I detain the 2 best tahini brands you can get outside of Israel/Palestine.

Achva from Israel
Al Wadi from Lebanon

Lucky me!
And the winner is..... Al Wadi by far!! I just did a raw tablespoonful taste test and Al Wadi is like nectar.  Achva is good too, but really not the same.
This is going to make life so much sexier!
Here is the "Real" hummus ingredients according to the Hummus Blog:
1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked long long time, then cooked and peeled
1/2 cup (130g) excellent tahini
Juice from 1 lemon
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt (or more)
2 garlic cloves
Enough cooking water for the hummus to be of desired consistency

Oh and if I had an ice cream maker I would totally make Tahini ice cream!  I just tasted some and it is seriously out of this world!!!!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment