Search this blog

Translate

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Almond and Coconut Crusted Lieu Noir

I've never had Lieu Noir anywhere else but France.  The translator calls it coal fish because it's flesh is a little bit grey.  That's not why I bought it.  It called me by my first name at the supermarket.  I did not hesitate.  I picked it up and said to it: You are coming home with me.
I wanted crusty fish, but not just any boring breaded fish, and so this magic was born.
Serves 2
Ingredients:
2 filets of fish, skinned
3 Tbsp EVOO
Crust:
1 handful almonds
1 large clove garlic
2 Tbsp dry coconut
2 Tbsp grated parmesan
1 tsp chili powder
2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
salt/pepper
Directions:
1.  Crush all the crust ingredients in a mortar and pestle.  It should be a little sticky because of the parmesan and garlic.
2.  Press the crust onto the fish.  It should stick.  If you feel more comfortable using egg yolk as glue, it's probably a good idea, but I just didn't think of it in time.
3.  Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook crust side down for approximately 1 minute, then carefully flip and do the same.

Serve with the things that make your heart skip.  Today, mine was steamed broccoli and cauliflower and a squeeze of lemon.
Lots of flavor!  
Madame is satisfied.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment