Search this blog

Translate

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Zucchini Fettuccini under Lamb

Eating zucchini in the form of fettuccini is quite interesting.  It gives it a different feeling and not only does it look like pasta, you can treat it like pasta.  This one comes out of a little summer recipe book.  I fusionned 2 recipes to come up with this one.  Then I paired it with lamb and they lived happily ever after.
Serves 3, no leftovers
Ingredients:
3 large zucchinis cut thinly into slices with a potato peeler
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
fresh ground pepper
handful chopped parsley
1 tbsp dried basil (I would have used fresh if I had it)
Directions:
1.  Steam the zucchini for 5 minutes.  You want them to be al dente.
2.  In a saucepan, heat the garlic, milk and cream to a simmer.  Turn off the heat and let infuse 15 to 20 minutes, then blend.
3.  Toss the sauce with the zucchini and add parsely, basil and fresh pepper.

Pair with whatever you want.  It did extremely well under a slice of lamb leg.  Now I want to shave all my vegetables!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment