Search this blog

Translate

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Dogfish in Basil

I decided to try something I've never cooked before.. Roussette, or Dogfish or Catshark depending on what part of the globe you live on.  It's actually a small shark (which does not mean baby shark!)
I was advised to cook it in sauce... but I think I will definitely grill it next time.  I like when the flesh has a little bite in it.
Ingredients:
2 skinned dogfish, cut into 4" pieces
1 zucchini, sliced
1 large tomato, chopped
1 chopped onion
2tbsp EVOO
1 bunch fresh basil
Juice from 1 lemon
3 cloves garlic, peeled
Fresh cracked pepper
1 tbsp heavy cream
Directions:
1.  Blend the basil, 1 tbsp EVOO, lemon, garlic, and pepper together.  Add more EVOO if needed.  Brush onto the fish and let marinate at least an hour.  There will be some delicious green sauce left.  Keep it.
2.  In a wok, heat 1 tbsp EVOO and brown the onions.
3.  Add the zucchini and cook, stirring until they color nicely, but don't become mush.
4.  Add the tomatoes, the fish, and the rest of the blended sauce.  If it gets too dry, add some heavy cream.
5.  Turn heat down to a simmer and cook, covered for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.

Serve with rice or quinoa.
In my own plate, I added a dash of Reunion chili sauce....it gave me that feeling.
You know, that feeling where you don't want it to stop, but you feel like you almost can't handle it, and your mind and body both lose control of their deeply guarded secrets, because it's too good to be true...
Everybody should know that feeling.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment