Search this blog

Translate

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Egg Keema

If and when I can get my hands on a decent mango deal, I'll be making Mango Pulissery and experience multigasms all day long.  Today is not that day...but all is not lost!  This egg keema just might do the trick but in a different way, activating a different pleasure sensor in my brain.
Aah women..how lucky we are.
This is inspired by the ladies at ShowMetheCurry who always get it perfect.
Serves 4
Ingredients:
6 hardboiled eggs, peeled and sliced
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 bay leaf
1" piece cinnamon
1 black cardamom (I subbed 1/2 tsp nigella)
2 green cardamom
2 cloves
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp grated ginger
2 tsp grated garlic
1 green chili, minced
2 large tomatoes, puréed
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup water or whey
Cilantro for garnish
Directions:
Ask your kitchen commy to gather all the ingredients and do the chopping while you hardboil the eggs.  The rest goes quite quickly to come together.
1.  Heat the oil in a wok and add the bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves.  Cook on high heat for 30s.
2.  Add the onions and cook for 10 minutes, stirring, or until translucent.
3.  Add the ginger and garlic and cook 5 minutes longer, or until onions start to brown.
4.  Add the green chili and tomato purée, then add all the powders.  Stir and simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
5.  Add the peas and water if too dry.  I added bean juice from my Kala Chana cooking in the crock pot nearby.  mmmmmm.   Cook until peas are bite tender.
6.  Add the sliced egg and heat through a few minutes.
Serve with cilantro and some other extra special things.  I had a mix of basmati and thai red rice on hand.  It's not very traditional, but it worked well!  I just received word that this weekend will be Indian as well.. so I guess it's thali week this week!!  Woot!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment: