Search this blog

Translate

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Roasted Cauliflower Cheddar Dip

I love it when people have no clue what to do with their vegetables...and end up donating them to me.  As if the conclusion to their thought process was: my cauliflower will have a better life with you.
It is probably true.  I don't often get to work with a whole head of fresh cauliflower, so when I do, I want to make it sublime.
My magic bullet will help me make it into a wonderful dip that will also be enjoyed by the donor.
Inspired by Off the Meathook
Ingredients:
1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
8 oz (235g) cream cheese
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/2 tsp fresh rosemary
2 cups shredded cheddar (I'll be shredding with the bullet)
1 tsp mustard
4 dashes worcechestershire
2 pinches salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
20 grinds fresh pepper
Directions:
1.  Place the florets on a baking sheet and roast at 500°F 260°C for 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 350°F 175°C for another 20 minutes or until soft.
2.  Let cool to avoid burning yourself and purée until smooth.
3.  Add the rest of the ingredients and purée again until smooth.
4.  Tranfer mixture into a baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes or until crusty and bubbly.
5.  Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.

Serve with carrot sticks, celery, pita, radishes, cucumber, tortilla chips, bread.. whatever you can use to dip into this heavenly mixture and bring it to you mouth!
My donor liked it so much she ended up bringing some home with her.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment